The names on the Village Obelisk

The names on the Village Obelisk

 

There are 23 names on the West and East faces of the Village War Memorial in Station Road. The names are grouped under year headings although Harold Comer should have been under 1915,and Cecil Kail under 1918.

The 1914 name looks to have been added after the main panels were completed as it is placed on the plinth.

Further names were added to the East and South Faces following WW2 and the Korean War

 

On the West Face:

 

 

 

 

 

On the East Face:

 

 

 

On the South  Face:

 

The Memorial quite soon after completion

 

The Memorial in the 1950's

 

 

The Memorial today

 

 

 

 

copyright 2014


WW1 Commemorations
Webpage icon Ryburgh War memorials revisited
Webpage icon "Think and Thank" project 2014-2016
Webpage icon The F & G Smith Roll of Honour
Webpage icon News about our boys from the Dereham and Fakenham Times
Webpage icon The Commemorative Peals
Webpage icon Not on the Roll of Honour
Webpage icon The names on the Think & Thank Screen
Webpage icon The names on the Roll of Honour in St Andrews
Webpage icon The men who fell and their anniversaries