Ryburgh Yesterday Postcard Images

Views of Ryburgh

 

Great Ryburgh is not without its fair share of commercial postcards. This page has been started to try and collect as complete an online archive of Ryburgh postcards as possible. If you have one that is not included and would be willing to share it on the site please get in touch.If you are able to help with more accurate dating, we'd love to hear from you.

These images have been supplied by a number of people including the late May Hall, John Hazel, David Howe,  also Jenni Holmes, Keith and Shirley Howell, Stanley Judd, Richard of the Norfolk Pubs website and others to whom we are most grateful.

Over the course of time, it is hoped to give a little more of the history of the card from the message and other details on the reverse. These will have a blue numbering to create a link to the page:

1. Mill Road

2. Station Road posted 1917

 

3. The Church posted 1906

Published by  S.T.Stangroom " Cash Supply Stores" Whissonsett and Mileham

No series number 

 

4.The Church as restored by George Tatham

Series number 659

 

5. The Mill posted Feb. 1905

Published by  S.T.Stangroom " Cash Supply Stores" Whissonsett and Mileham

No series number 

 

6.Norwich Road gatehouses posted 1916

 

7. Maltings Cottages Fakenham Road posted 1921

 

8.Fakenham Road Cottages foreground left now demolished.

8.

 

9. The bottom of Station Road

 

10. Mill Road 

 

11. Station Road

 

12. The School

 

13.The School

 

14. Station Road Posted 1906

 Series number 663

 

15. Station Road

 

16. Fakenham Road

 

17. Station Road

 

18. Fakenham Road

 

19. The Rectory

 

20.Norwich Road Gatehouses

 

21.Sennowe

 

22.Elmham Road Gatehouses

 

23. Sennowe Posted April 1905

Series Number 665

 

24.Sennowe

 

25. The Church from the South East

 

26. The Station

 

27. The Maltings Posted March 1906

Published by  S.T.Stangroom " Cash Supply Stores" Whissonsett and Mileham

Series number 699 

 

28.The Church posted 1905

Series number 669

 

29.The Street Little Ryburgh

 

30. Sennowe

 

31. Sennowe

 

32. Sennowe

 

33. Bridge Cottages

 

34. Fakenham Road ,Primitive Chapel

 

35. The Mill

 

36.The Mill

 

37. The Church

 

38. Mill Terrace, Mill Road

 

39. Station Road

 

40.Starks Shop and Post Office in Station Road (cards date from 1920)

published by G.Stark and Son

 

41. The Church posted 1914

 

42. Maltings Cottages Fakenham Road 

43.

The Church. 

Posted by Revd F.H.Tatham Dec 23rd. 1910

 

44. The School

 

45. Station Road

 

46.  Station Road

 

47. The Church posted 1926

 

48.The Church

 

49.  The Station

 

50. Old Toll Bar (Stibbard Crossroads)

Published by T Boulter & Son, The Stores Stibbard Norfolk

The Vulcan Series

 

51. River Wensum in Sennowe woods posted Oct. 1905

Series number 656

 

52. Fakenham Road outside the Primitive Methodist Chapel

 

53. Sennowe Park

(postmark date 1908)

 

54.Ryburgh Mill

 

55.Station Road

 

56.Mill Road

 

57. Sennowe Lodges Mill Road

 

58. Mill House Posted 1913

 

59. The Old Mill Pool posted Aug.1905

Series number 649

 

 

60.Mill Road

 

61. Mill House.

 

62. The Boar

 

63.

 

64. The church as restored by F.H.Tatham posted in 1915

 

65.The Mill

 

66.

 

67.

 

68.

 

69.

 

70.

.

 

71.

posted 1951

 

72.

 

 

73.

 

 

74.

 

 

75.

 

 

76.

 

 

77.

 

 

78.

 

 

79.

 

This postcard was printed as private stationery for the Cook family and sent in the mid 80's.

 

 

80.

A Peter Doubleday Fotocard, Fakenham Norfolk

 

 

81.

 

 

82.

Mill Road

published by G.Stark and Son and posted 1920

 

83.

84.

 

 

85.

 

 

86.

 

 

87.

 

Sent to Mrs Allen from Mrs Barker

 

 

 

88.

 

Sent to Mrs Steward from her grandson Johnny

 

 

 


Page last updated: 6th October 2020 6:37 PM